Monday, November 05, 2007

Received a pleasant surprise in the email today from Matthew, who had forwarded us pictures of us playing at his wedding .

Photo Credit: Derrick Ong (www.derrick-ong.com)

Matthew also wrote a note:
"We both very much enjoyed your music, and admired the quite (sic) professionalism with which you set up and left, and your timing in beginning your first piece at the perfect moment. Overall, I wouldn't fault you on a thing, and your presence did a lot to help create the wonderful atmosphere on our special day. In fact, booking you was one of the better decisions I made, even if it was at the last minute. As I think I said before, I wouldn't hesitate to employ you again in the unlikely event I'm planning such an occasion, or to recommend you to others. We do have friends with weddings coming up, and I'll certainly point them in your direction if they're looking for musicians."

Photo Credit: KC Wong (www.greymatterphotography.com)

Friends have always asked me why I do what I do. I guess for me, it is the knowledge that in the midst of enjoying the camaraderie of making music together, we have the ability to make a special occasion even more special.. that collectively, we have created tendrils of music which twine around the hearts of the audience, clinging on as time passes, to remind people of the beauty of music....

That is what keeps me going.

-Tze Chuan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home